Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Big Ball of Embarrassment

Spirit week has insisted that I come dressed up:

Mon = Nerd Day
I borrowed Jay's wolf shirt, and fanny pack, and I borrowed my dad's suspenders. I put horrible clips in my hair, tucked my shirt into my underwear, had super messy pony tails, glasses, wore long white socks, and topped it all off with my tevas. The fanny pack was a huge huge hit. (Turns out they're incredibly useful.) I felt so ugly yet so funny.

Tue = Ugly Sweater Day
No details really needed. I was practically sweating all day. Again, I felt so ugly yet so funny.

Wed = Today = Western Day = Cowboys and Indians!
I should take a poll, but I would like to give myself the best-dressed/favorite award. I wore my cute new moccasins, tight jeans, black shirt, brown top over top of black shirt that has gorgeous beading, feather earrings, a cute brown long tie around my right arm, and ... a huge feather headdress that Em made! My kids were so in love with me, but I have to admit that I was a little nervous to dress up as an Indian. I felt like I needed to clarify that I wasn't making fun of anyone. I hadn't seen Skipper and Maggie (teacher buds) before school started, so while Daniel (student teacher) was teaching, I ran to Skipper and Maggie's doors, stayed in the hallway so their students couldn't see me, waited til they caught sight of me, did a little jig, and snuck away as they laughed and laughed. I heard one of Maggie's students shout, "What are you laughing at?!" I am so funny and cute.

Tomorrow = Neon Day
I borrowed Em's bright blue pants, I'm still debating whether I want to put those tight suckers on and live through a whole day.

Friday = Decade Day
Shrug, no idea what I'm doing yet. Any suggestions and/or outfits I could borrow?

No comments: