Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Get out of here!


Apparently the foods' room has a "flying ant problem," and those little buggers are somehow making the treacherous journey to my room.
I don't have any windows in my posh classroom, and the kids wondered why I was so annoyed that there were flying creatures about.

The first day we noticed a flying ant was when he decided to plop down on the overhead as the kids were completing their warm-up. I was taking roll, when Joshua laughed, "Hey! He wants to do question three!" Not at all understanding, but able to follow my kids' laughter, I finally spied our first pesty visitor. He was frantically dancing around, trying to dig at the bright light, gloriously magnified/illuminated for all to follow. Gag.
Later on in the week one of my boys brutally smashed a flying ant that crash landed on his table. The remains splattered on horrified Abbey.
Today, one fell dead from who knows where and landed on my keyboard.
Delightful.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

did anybody EAT ONE!?

Erica said...

When I moved my desk in my office at the end of the year so they could remove all of the asbestos ceiling I found a skeleton of a mouse. Not a single piece of flesh or hair on the thing.