Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lava Hot Springs - Ward Trip

I love this picture. What the crap am I doing? Hilarious. Jon is the boy on the far right, and he and I tumbled down one of the waterfalls. I surfaced laughing and unscathed, he had a big cut above his eye. Sorry buddy. Sure was fun though.

The waterfall we tumbled down.



What a great trip! Our 3 hour drive took us about 5 hours due to a two big rig accidents, but I didn't mind too much because I loved rolling down the window and thanking the construction workers and making them smile. I rolled down my window when we passed the firemen, but they were super hot and I got really intimidated so I just smiled and kept my mouth shut.

We rolled in at about 10 o'clock at night and were greeted by a spectacular bbq. I was really excited to go to the hotpots, so a big group of us headed on over. I swear I burned my bum in one of the super hot pools, but it was fun being ridiculous and pretend flirting with tattoo boys to make our group laugh. Turns out I don't really like the heat in hotpots, my heart was racing. I swear they're not good for you. We saw speedos, massage trains, old gross men, rule breaking bikinis, it was a blast.

We came back and played games. Anyone played Ligretto? Well, it's Whacky 6. No one had ever heard of Whacky 6 and I took a lot of guff for it. I also learned a new game called Lucky Duck. More like Lame Duck. My dad graciously let us borrow his mattress pads so we camped out in the Tolbert's garage. I slept like a lamb as usual.

Floating the river was a blast. I regret not going down in Taylor's three man raft. A lot of people had major cuts and scrapes from getting rocked on the waterfalls. Other than Jon, our group did great. Poor Jon. I had so much fun I slept almost the entire way home: Sure sign of an excellent trip.

No comments: