Thursday and Friday weren't my favorite days at school, in fact they might top off as my two least favorite days out of all the slim pickins. Do you remember when Alfalfa from the updated Little Rascals comes trudging home, and he's just in his underwear and he's soaking wet, and the one little kid says, "Rough day?" That's how I felt.
Here's a less detailed, more bulleted version of what transpired.
- 504 meeting made me tardy to my own class
- Kid got flustered as he showed the class how to work a problem out, ended up throwing a marker at another student. (He came and sat on the floor next to me, think kindergarten.)
- I was back-stabbed yet again when it comes to math tutoring
- Fire alarm during lunch. Say it with me, "Pure chaos."
- Broke up an intense fight outside of my room
- Immediately after breaking up the fight, an administrator comes in to observe my teaching techniques
- "Ms. Bateman's cool now, but I bet she'll turn mean and creepy."
- Had to talk to a teacher about how embarassing it is that he never shows up to our team meetings. (There are only three of us total.)
- MESA overwhelms me
- Ended up crying last night, mostly because I was at the school from 7:00 A.M. until 5:30 P.M. and I was running around like crazy the ENTIRE day, and I was hungry and tired, and I still have 23 things on my to-do list that are waiting for me on Monday
- School meeting today (yes, Saturday) from 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.