This cat blundered into our yard, and he/she is here to stay. He/she has now been knighted as my cat, and I kindly named him/her Malloy. My cat is the best of all of the cats that think that our home is theirs.
Here's a taste of why.
- Malloy actually purrs and actually likes to be held.
- Malloy comes when called. (Unless he/she's nervous about one of the other cats coming around.)
- Malloy cockily continues purring while the other cats hiss and spit at him/her.
- Malloy is happy to be pet, none of this dropping the belly to the ground, refusing to be pet. (I'm talking to you Moe!)
- Malloy is so soft and so dang cute with his/her white neck and white mittens.
- Malloy already deftly avoided a kick from my dad. (Dad missed and kicked the chair, and I cannot stop laughing as I continue to hit re-play in my mind.)
- Zach opened his arms wide, called to Malloy who was clear across the yard, and Malloy came running/purring.
- Malloy is a menace to the other cats. (Trust me, they need this.)
- Malloy is a blast from the past. (Look at my Born a Batman picture on the right side of this blog.)
- Malloy likes to tell secrets.