Summer Vaca Play by Play
- Went in to work to finish my presentation for a math conference next week. What should have taken 30 minutes to finalize took 2 hours due to slack-jawed yokels who wouldn't leave me alone to work.
- Went home with high hopes of running or going on a hike. Instead, watched hours and hours of tv. The Voice? Caught up. MasterChef? Caught up. Other shows I can no longer remember even though it has only been two days? Caught up. I seriously haven't watched tv at all in the last two weeks, and I fit it all in in one extremely depressing afternoon.
- Took a refreshing siesta.
- Tried to go on a hike later, snow and locked gates deterred us.
- Ate an awesome burrito.
- Had a fire in a backyard, ate smores, told the only hilarious scary story, cringed at "Want to see the tricks I can do with fire?"
- Vowed to stay clear of the tv.
- Went to Gamma B's to help with yardwork. Snapped a pic of her robin's nest, helped her weed her flower beds, mowed most of the front lawn, pulled weeds out of cracks in the sidewalk (banged my arm really hard when I tried to pull a poppa out that was growing under her table), mowed most of the backyard, tested her pool water temperature, helped her skim the top for leaves and bugs, sat and listened to her stories of her adventures from her 3 week Civil War trip.
- Ate a burger with my dad.
- Hit up the grocery store and post office.
- Played and barbequed with family. Ate another burger.
- 1st summer game of bocce resulted in 1st glorious come back win of the summer.
- Bonfire up the canyon where I bumped into Spence (he gave me the painting below). I was also reminded of how immature I am when I couldn't stop laughing when I learned that one of the guys at the bonfire used to climb to the very tops of trees when he was little and take a dump. Park Ranger kicked us out at 10, poor old guy in the booth told us to pay him next time when we confessed we didn't have any money with us or checkbooks. I'd feel bad if I was lying, but I wasn't lying.
- 1st bullet bike ride since my accident of '05. Not going to pretend, I was absolutely terrified the entire time.
- Ate some of my roommate's cereal.
- Turned down wakeboarding. (The boat was going to be so full.)
- Sang at the top of my lungs while taking a bath.
- Updated the blog with boring details, excited to see 0 comments when I faithfully come back to check.
- Already excited for a killer day.