Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've had a lot of questions about my trip, worthy atypical questions, but one person has won the coveted prize for best question.


Come on down ... Jay Dee Bateman!


Jay wandered downstairs the other afternoon, and we had a delightful conversation about movies he's seen, movies he thinks I shoud see, movies that are coming out, movies that he has recently bought, and how he wants to teach me how to help him do yard work. After nearly choking on my P & B when I saw the length of his fingernails, I steered us towards the topic of appropriate length of nails keeping gender in mind. He was not very happy at all, but hooray! I noticed last night that he followed my advice and cut those suckers back.


Anyway, you're desperately waiting for the question aren't you?

Jay closed his eyes and asked, "How the food over there?" then came, "Amy?"

"Yeah Jay?"

"Big Question."

"I'm ready."

"You went to Egypt. They have lots of trapdoors there?"

Don't be fooled; I was terrified.

We paid for an excursion into Cairo and got to see pyramids and the Sphinx. We rode camels at one point, and I was not very brave at all. The guy leading our line kept laughing at me and asking, "Still scared?" My camel's name was Michael Jackson, and I did calm down after awhile, and then our guide made the camels run ... I got scared again. It is not a smooth ride, and I didn't feel like I had the best grip, and I was planning my escape jump the whole time. Would I do it again? Priceless. (That means yes.)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow. I'm amazed that you were able to get Jay to cut his fingernails. I love the trap door question, only Jay would be able to ask that with such seriousness and concern.

laninaki said...

I am sooooooo jealous!!! But, glad you had a good trip.

Brian and Jaime said...

Wow Amy looks like you have had a way busy summer. You can find us at brianmetjaime.blogspot.com